OCT and Optomap Retinal Imaging
The most detailed examination of the health of the eye
Eye Scans at Airedale Opticians
We offer two powerful eye scans – the 3D OCT and the Optos Optomap Ultrawide scan. These machines look deeply into the eye to provide a detailed and permanent record of your eye health.
Why Should I Have an Eye Scan?
- It allows us to detect eye conditions that might otherwise not be visible.
- It allows us to directly compare scans year-on-year to spot tiny changes.
- It allows us to monitor known eye conditions in great detail.
What does Airedale Opticians do differently?
- We allow an extra 10 minutes on your appointment if you have a scan, giving the optometrist time to carefully analyse the information.
- We have been offering scans since 2011, giving our optometrists great experience interpreting the detail that it provides.
- This allows us to detect serious eye conditions from even the smallest signs.
- We are also familiar with conditions that may look dramatic but are infact routine and avoiding unnecessary stress and hospital referrals.